Sunday, September 30, 2018

Gremlins, spam and F2F Block Swap

First, though, I'll get the gremlins and spam out of the way. I had had no comments on my last two posts, which I found puzzling, as apart from having a loyal bunch of dedicated readers, my stats were showing lots of page views. Where was everybody?  I felt sure you weren't all fickle enough to go off and find more verdant blog pastures when I failed to show up for a while, so was relieved when  Chelle mentioned that perhaps Blogger was playing up, as she'd  left a comment but it hadn't shown up.  So after doing some investigating, not only did I find my 'email comments for moderation' ..... unticked, but there you all were, tucked up safe and sound with the trolls in Spam! So you've been released, and I've replied to all the comments on my last Carnival of Flowers post, and apologise for not doing so on the previous post. It just shows it's not a good idea to neglect your blog, because the gremlins get in and play.

So on to F2FBlock Swap, which stands for Foot Square Freestyle, a block swap dreamt up by Kate from Tales from Chiconia, where each participant chooses their colours, and month by month, we make our choice of 12 inch (foot square) block (freestyle). You can go here to the dedicated blog if you'd like to see the participants colour choices, the gallery of blocks made and sent already this year, or check out the blocks made in the two previous years. There's a few quilts too, beautiful quilts, that have been made from blocks received.

I have been Miss September in this year's swap, and chose any shade of blue with pops of blush pink for my colours. I have a predominantly blue lounge room, with an indigo blue sofa, and a dark blue and turquoise tv cabinet/bookcase, which incidentally, I picked up for $10 from the op shop, and painted.  I already have cushions in various shades of blue, with the contrast of blush/dusty pink to soften all that blue.  

There's also a very blank wall over the sofa, and I plan to make some of my blocks  into a wall quilt, and the rest will be for a lap quilt /throw.  


A black and white dog adds some drama and contrast! 
And in case you were wondering, this is my view from the chaise. Nice hey? 

Down to the river and out to the Border Ranges. On a clear day, Mt Warning is clearly visible. 

And I've been enjoying the arrival of the squishie parcels in the mail, from around the world.  

These arrived from Lynn in France, including one of her famous hedgehogs, which I was delighted to receive.


 Then Kathy's, from South Dakota, USA.


 These from Claire, also from France

 And closest to home, from Kate, in Mackay, Nth Queensland.


Lastly, so far, from Sue, in Washington State USA
Sue
I had asked for baskets and/or applique if anyone felt like doing these, and I'm really happy to have my hoped-for baskets, one from Kate with appliqued hexies. 

I have this partially finished one I made myself, but will wait now until the last lot arrive before I make anymore, so I can spread the colours out a bit if need be.



I'm currently working on blocks for Miss October'.....Moira.........who has asked for shades of brown....assorted golden, tan and dark, with accents of blue grey.  It's always an interesting challenge to stretch myself and work with colours I wouldn't usually choose.

till next time........

14 comments:

  1. Nanette, I am glad you got rid of those gremlins. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you helped me figure out they were there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your lounge room is beautiful Nanette. I like the colors you chose for the tv cabinet. And the view is amazing. It must be so calm and quiet there, it looks so serene.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nil, it's a great room to relax in, lots of light without the harshness of direct sun. There's always flocks of birds coming and going, and if I can't see them, I can always hear them.

      Delete
  4. The quilt is going to be perfect in your room - I look forward to seeing it in situ.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Lynn, the colours of the blocks are perfect.

      Delete
  5. I love your idea of a wall something, that will make the room complete, and what a great view!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wall has been blank for just over a year, since it was painted, because I couldn't decide what to put there, then a wall quilt seemed a good idea.Thanks for your contribution Kathy :)

      Delete
  6. So glad you found the hidden comments!
    That sofa looks comfy and what a pleasant view you have too.
    Some great blocks there to get to work on as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather comes from out there, west/south west, so when when it's wet and stormy it's a great spot to curl up and watch the black clouds roll in. I'm looking forward to playing with the blocks, getting them together on my wall.

      Delete
  7. I love all the blue in your living room and those blocks made up into quilts will make a lovely addition :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all those beautiful blocks you've receive! And that's a great view as seen from your chaise...a lovely spot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blocks are amazing Maria, such a talented bunch in this swap. I feel a little out of place 🙄 Sometimes my window seat can be too nice, it'so easy and peaceful to just sit and watch the clouds and the river, and not want to do anything else.

      Delete
  9. Hi Janine, thanks for visiting. It's going to be so nice to see my blocks made up, and on show in my loungeroom.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome