on the scrappy quilt for my son's partner's birthday.
The largest are around 8 inches, and that's what I'll aim for with the others, then it'll be time to step back and play with layouts. The plan then is to add some more rounds or extra blocks to connect the colours....I have some scraps in pinky-orange and orangey-red that I'm hoping will work nicely......to end up with 10 inch blocks.
After I tossed aside all the yellow/gold scraps, and any of the others with white in them, I didn't have as much fabric to play with as I thought. I didn't want to go buy any more fabric, so after a bit of thought, and a lucky find of some rose coloured dye powder......while looking for something else.......some of the not-quite-right pieces ended up in the dye pot.
Pinks aren't this bright, there's a lot of light coming in from the open door
Initially I'd planned to dip just the pinks, but then thought 'why not' and threw some of the reds and oranges in to see what I'd get.........and surprisingly it worked.......not pinky as I'd expected, but richer shades of the original colours. Using the other side of some fabrics as well has given me a lot more options.
I've also been given a reprieve on the time frame to finish this, initially I thought L and R were going to India for Christmas, but that's happening in the new year now, so instead of rushing to get it finished and in the mail before they went, I can take my time a bit and gift the quilt in person, as they're coming here. Much better!
that's it till next time, back to cutting and sewing.....