Wednesday, November 15, 2017

ScrapHappy November


..........and all I have to show for it is a pile of scraps!  At least I got that far.  


I want to make my son's partner a lap quilt for her birthday next month.  It'll be scrappy in these bright and hot colours of pink, orange and red, and maybe some yellow, which I think she'll like as she loves bright colours. She's an Indian lass, so it might be The Bollywood Quilt. Although I pulled all the scraps out earlier today, I couldn't decide how I wanted to do it, so the afternoon was spent 'researching'

I finally decided it'll be something like this but with only the 3 colours, maybe a bit of darker yellow in it too.

Pizzazz" is a dazzling half-rainbow quilt.  There are NO curved pieces - only straight lines

We shall see, I'm sure I'll change my mind before I start to sew!

As usual, I'm linking with ScrapHappy Day hosted by Kate and Gun, have a look at their blogs and see what they and others are doing with their scraps this month. Maybe join in if you feel your scraps are out of control.

That's it, it's late and I'm off to bed now, so see you next time.

12 comments:

  1. That's a very colorful pattern Nanette. I'm sure your son's partner will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so excited and impressed when I made my son a quilt last year, I think she'll enjoy having one of her own.

      Delete
  2. Nanette, I love the colours. I am always impressed by those who can make quilts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just hope it turns out the way I can see it my head lol We can both be impressed then.

      Delete
  3. I know just what you mean about having to do some research before knowing quite how to start a new quilt. Getting started can be the hardest step! I hope this one comes together for you without excessive dithering.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can be good at dithering, but I have made a start now, pieces cut and on the design wall. Thanks for your good wishes, all gratefully accepted :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bright, happy quilt this will be. Sorted scraps are a good start, don't you think? I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely Nancy, I think it helps to focus how you want to proceed. I've put a lot of the lighter, brighter ones away since that first sorting, as I realised they didn't fit my loose plan.

      Delete
  6. That quilt will be a stunner! I love the example you are using. Sorting the scraps out (and cutting them) is probably the worst part of scrappy goings on - or the best, depending on what floats your boat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping it will be a stunner and I usually find scrappy quilts easy because it's a bit of anything goes, but I want this to be nicely graduated and colourwashed. We shall see.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love a scrappy quilt, sounds like you have a good plan there, looking forward to seeing how you get on : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, definitely a good plan, I'll see howit works when it comes time to blend the colours. I've made a start on the blocks, but not enough yet to go to stage 2 of the plan, hopefully it comes together the way it looks in my head :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome