Sunday, March 25, 2018

RSC March - Green scraps

It's the second last week of March !.....and the colours for this month are light and yellowy greens. I've mixed it up a bit with some medium to darker greens to get some contrast on my churn dashes, but will still have plenty of darks to play with when that month rolls around.

This week I made 3 more churn dashes, these are 8" (20cm) finished.



Then there were 5. One more to make for my goal of 6 per colour/per month, should be doable. I still have purple from February to catch up on as well, so I'll try and get them out of the way before the new colour's announced next Sunday.


 I also started some crumb/slab blocks. I found a box of hst and partial flying geese that I'd made for F2F (Foot Square Freestyle block swap) that hadn't worked out, so I'm using them in my crumb blocks.  I have some other crumbs and strings somewhere in various colours, and I've seen some quilts lately where people have put all their orphan blocks together in rows, so I thought I might work toward that as well.  Maybe!


For more fresh green and scrappy inspiration, head over to the  weekly link-up

...till next time..........

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous greens! Love those crumb blocks, the informal layout works so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And that mindless chain piecing is a nice break from cutting and sewing churns.

      Delete
  2. Oh! Those bright cheerful GREEN blocks... LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They look good en masse, don't they? Thanks Joyful Quilter ( I looked all over your blog and can't find your name?)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful blocks Nanette,i am your newest follower and hope you will visit and follow me. The green is a lovely fresh colour and love the blocks in this colour,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shez, it's amazing how good scrappy blocks can look. I'll be coming to check out your blog too, thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome