Sunday, April 29, 2018

A Wall of Yellow


for April RSC 


We're at the end of April, so that means no more yellow. It's a good thing, because all I have left are crumbs.

I made another two churn dashes and met my goal of 6 of these for the month. These are 9" unfinished.

Running low on larger pieces of yellow, so the centres of these are crumbs. 

I worked on the crumb blocks, and have 4 finished to the 10" size I want.......


and 6 with a couple of rounds still to go. I'm running out of long pieces and have been joining different fabrics.

I have a plan for these crumb blocks! 


And looking at all my yellow blocks together, it's been a productive month.

Yellowness!


I'm off to make a cake for afternoon tea.  Ginger! Yum! But I'll leave you with a picture of my very  supple supervisor.  I moved a new table into my sewing room for my lap top to sit on, and Neesa immediately took possession, making herself very comfortable.  Ah well, she'll get tired of it soon, and move on to somewhere else. 




Linking with SoScrappy RSCGo check out everyone's yellow projects.


Have a good week........

10 comments:

  1. Love your yellow blocks! You and your adorable supervisor should be proud!
    Cheers,
    Sylvia@Treadlestitches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sylvia, I couldn't have done it without the supervisor.

      Delete
  2. Lovely, a wall of sunshine. No wonder Neesa likes supervising in your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She also likes to be right in the middle of my cutting table, where the afternoon sun slants in....it's a race sometimes to see who gets there first.

      Delete
  3. Those crumb centers make your Churn Dash blocks more special. Nice work on all of your YELLOW scrap sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy, I've been finding all these good ideas for crumby centres from others doing the RSC.

      Delete
  4. Haha look at Neesa's pose. Did you give her a slice of cake? 😊
    I hope Mirrhi is fully recovered now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neesa often does that, has her leg high while she washes her tummy, then goes off into a kitty daydream, and stays with her leg up for ages. She only likes fish cake :) Mirrhi's doing well, thanks Nil, although her ear seems to be still sore, she flinches away from having it touched, but that's not surprising given the chewing it had!

      Delete
  5. What a great position lol - Pilates no doubt : )
    Fabulous blocks too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Catlates? Thanks, I enjoyed making those yellow blocks, and am pleased I kept up for the month:)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome