Friday, March 9, 2012

Full Moon Art

A little late, but I'm sure the moon is still full ..or almost...somewhere in the world.  I was preoccupied with a sick chicken and so this photo wasn't taken until the moon was a few hours above the horizon, with a few clouds gathered to enjoy the light.
Once again, I've joined Peggy at Woman with Wings and others, creating a small piece of full moon art.  The full moon of March is in Virgo, a wise woman who is both pragmatic and a dreamer/visionary.  I had a very different idea for my piece this month, something about doorways and stepping stones, but the doorway looked like a piece of old spaghetti, and the stepping stones like cow patties.  Rip it all out and start again....aah, so Virgo means for me to walk the path, finding the balance, being compassionate with myself and paying attention to the details, rather then blythely skipping along stepping stones, paying little attention.
Woman with Chicken

Virgo is an earth sign, nurturing, holding and encompassing, so perhaps it was fitting that it was under this moon that I sadly tucked my little red hen Freya into the earth, when she decided she wasn't going to get well and it was time to go.
I'll miss this sweet little hen.

9 comments:

  1. Nanette, I'm sorry about Freya,I too get attatched to my little feathered friends..
    Take care Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne, thankyou, it's part of choosing to have animals, any sort, but never gets any easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nanette, I'm so sorry about Freya, your goddess-named hen. She was beautiful and now she is memorialized.

    I love your full moon stitched art and its Earth connections with Virgo, the Wisewoman, walking in balance with Freya there. No longer an airy maiden, skipping from stone to stone, as you say. Very meaningful. Oh, this is so very wonderful I can hardly stand it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fine tribute. All the critters we get to know touch us. I'm sure the other chickens will also miss her in their way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fine tribute. All the critters we get to know touch us. I'm sure the other chickens will also miss her in their way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vale Freya and your pretty red feathered tail, you were loved and you are sadly missed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this art and words of Virgo wisdom. Freya is a goddess of power and beauty, and from the photo, your Freya embodied both these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my, sorry to hear of your loss, Freya was lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome