Monday, April 14, 2014

A lot of work....

 ........and still not quite finished.  Not even half way through and I was wondering why was I doing this. 





  Plenty of books still to be shelved.....maybe some culling first?
  
This being swapping rooms.......my bedroom into what was the sewing room.  Behind a huge cupboard that was in the room when I moved here was quite a few years worth of dust and cobwebs!   So there was heavy duty cleaning to be done as well.  Moving the bedroom , not so bad.....the packing up of the sewing room......oh dear!  It all took me the better part of two weeks, and felt quite overwhelming at times.  The sewing room is still not shipshape, I promised myself there'll be no shoving things in a cupboard out of the way, I want it all to be organised and everything where I can easily find it all....ha ha, famous last words?  We shall see. 
 
Overall though, now that my bedroom is organised, I'm glad I did it.  My 'new' bedroom is now at the front of the house in the larger room.....feeling quite grown up about that!....and away from the noise of one of my neighbours who goes out at 4.30 most mornings to do triathlon training.  Her car is parked quite close to my old bedroom, and I was woken by the click of their back door closing or the sound of the car starting up.  I know she tries hard to be quiet, but in the stillness of the early morning sound travels clearly.  So no more being woken too early, I'm cranky all day when that happens.  And my sewing machine is in place, as is my worktable, so at least I can step around the waiting assortment of who-knows-what and have a little fun in between the sorting and organising
 
Some of the fun included sewing for  Jewell's  Easter swap, which I joined. This involved finding gifts for your partner beginning with the letters of Easter Time. A lot of fun, and a bit of a brain stretcher to come up with interesting items.  I was very creative with some of mine!!  I can't show you the gifts as it's a secret swap, but here they all are wrapped up ready to go. They were posted last week.   I hope my partner likes them! 

 
 
 a sneak peek at one of the items I made for the swap 
 
I managed to find some time to sit and relax and do some kantha stitching on the little patched piece I showed in a previous post.  It was very tempting to just sit and work on this rather than sort out my moving mess, but I resisted. I'll get back to it tomorrow at sewing group.
  
 And during the move, before I took my work table down and packed up the sewing machine, I quickly put together this bunting for my neighbour's little girl (yes, the same one who's noisy in the mornings)  She's just had a cubby (play) house built, so this will look pretty strung across the front. 
 
 
 I'll leave you with this sweet kitty face, the last thing I see at night as I turn out the bedside lamp, this is Neesa,  stretching across to give me a kiss ..... she was treated very cruelly as a tiny kitten, poor love, and sadly, isn't keen on being held or sleeping with me, so the bedside table is as close as she gets.  
 
 
 
 Until next time............

8 comments:

  1. Oh those pressies look so enticing!... thanks for joining in on the fun of this swap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jewells, it was a good swap, thanks for organising it. More fun to come as we all open our pressies:)

      Delete
  2. Moving rooms is a big job but it will be wonderful to have it all done. And I like the way you figured out a solution and acted on it rather than continuing to resist and suffer. I'm converting a kid's bedroom into a sewing room and it's been going on for a few years now. Her bed is still in there, makes a good place to dump things onto. :) Sweet girl, Neesa. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years, Peggy! I hope I don't take that long, although a friend said to me last night I'll probably be dead and gone and the mess will still be there...cheeky girl. It would've been silly to suffer, and my friendship with the neighbours was being affected too....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you have made it this far and are not cutting corners. A reward maybe around the corner for you for doing things "right" the first time? Or so I like to believe........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Unicorn.....a reward, that sounds good...we could always go have lunch somewhere nice perhaps?

      Delete
  5. We all respond to our environment. Sleep is vital to being happy and creative. I'm sure the stuff will find homes as you work your way through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely wise observation Terry, thankyou :)

      Delete

Your comments are welcome