Sunday, February 22, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday on Sunday

Pink on a grey day

I dragged myself away from watching cyclone updates to work on some scrappy sewing.  First were pink wonky log cabins...my favourite to sew when I'm feeling distracted.

Half a dozen blocks made and a few more in various stages of completion

Then browsing Pinterest I came across Kath Hall, an Aussie woman who blogs at Wombat Quilts and has an absolute plethora of scrappy quilts.  It was the wonky stars that caught my eye, and I absolutely loved this one.  Then I spied this wonky star  with a novelty kids print for the star centres. I want to make a couple of littlie's quilts for a charity and thought this would be perfect.  Digging in my stash, I found just the right fabric, these sweet little birds, so I added some solid pink homespun for the background and scrappy pink star points and here it is, the first block.

This is a 12" finished block, I have all the 5" blocks cut ready to go and 8 more blocks to make.

The weather remains wild and wet, the last ditch effects of ex-cyclone Marcia which is sitting off the coast, not too far away, and still making her damp and unwelcome presence felt...perfect sewing weather.

And how about this lovely all pretty in pink?........

Great-grand daughter Memphis......and Mojo
Head over to Angela's at soscrappy to see what everyone else has made this week.

'til next time

8 comments:

  1. Lovely blocks and such a gorgeous photo of your great grand daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you hot some sewing done. Beautiful BABE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the cyclone passes soon. Until then, it is the perfect excuse to stay inside and sew. Love that star. What a fun way to use your scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too hope the cyclone passes soon. Lovely wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love wonky log cabin blocks - and the pinks are divine!

    Pretty little one all in pink . . .

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great-granddaughter!! That must be amazing! Love the wonky stars.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what lovely wonky blocks!
    babe in pink is a cutie too, so is the dog
    thanx for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad the cyclone hasn't made more of an impact. I heard they were approaching but then didn't hear the results - had to look it up online.

    Love your wonky star; they are so much fun to make. And what an adorable parting shot!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are welcome