Saturday, October 13, 2018

Good cheer in the mailbox


We've had days of rain, and almost everything else lately the weather can throw at us, apart from snow, and further north, there was a tornado, pretty much unheard of in Australia, that caused a lot of damage and injury to people. I'm not complaining about the rain, it's so badly needed, and some of this system has pushed west and north, where they've been hit hard by the drought and really need the rain.  It's just cold, colder than spring in the sub-tropics should be, and a bit miserable.

-- 

Fog

Hail...... more than once
Supercell storms
So it was a lovely surprise today, dashing out between downpours, to discover a little parcel waiting in the mailbox.......another F2F swap squishie. It was from Robin in Canberra this time, and as she's been very unwell with pneumonia,  I was doubly impressed that she'd managed to make...and get to the post office to send.....4 beautiful blocks.
hexies

And look at this gorgeous fussy cut teapot.

Baskets with ric-rac handles

Double hourglasses ?


Robin said she loves blue, and has so many blue fabrics she found it hard to choose which to use. I can well believe it, there's certainly plenty in this block!

So I thought it was time to put them all together for a look. Not in any particular arrangement, just as I picked them up off the pile.


Too many for one photo, so here's the second half.


Such a lovely array of blues and pinks, I think they're going to come together nicely whatever I decide to do with them.  There's still 3 to come from the Netherlands, and then two more to make for myself, or however many I decide I need /want.  

So I'll leave you with this crosspatch, who's not at all bothered by the incessant rain, but rather was peering over my shoulder, wanting to be fed, and rather cross that I stayed at the computer and didn't immediately jump up to do her bidding. 



Time to pull on boots and raincoats......yes, Mirrhi has one too......and go stretch our legs and put the chooks to bed.

till next time........


12 comments:

  1. That's a lovely surprise in your mailbox, Nanette. I love the teapot too! Very wet up in Brissy today but we've not had any hail even though some storms have rolled through during the afternoons last week. Stay dry! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanette, no super cells here thank goodness. I am not sure how much rain we have had but it was fairly constant yesterday and it was extremely windy up until this morning. Thankfully the wind has now died down and it is just drizzling and foggy. Not at all like the 29C sunny day we had last week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Chel, it's weird weather, we had mid 30s one day last week, so no wonder we ended up with a super cell sitting on top of us. I don't like it when it's windy, will settle for just good old rain.

      Delete
  3. I'd like a whole block made from sweet little teapots :) I think some of the rain we're getting has come from up your way. you stay dry too Meg and I hope the storms stay away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are so pretty! I'm smiling because the larger blue flowered print with the gold edges (darker blue in the hourglass block) is in my stash, and I considered using some of it for your blocks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are sweet blocks Kathy! That blue and gold is pretty, stands out nicely. There's a blue that both Lynn and Robin used.....great minds thinking alike across the oceans :)

      Delete
  5. It's great that so many areas are getting rain, but my goodness the weather has been crazy lately.
    Love the photos of all those blue blocks...simply stunning.
    And what a regal creature your cat is...very beautiful 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it seems like the whole world's weather has gone crazy. I'm very lucky to have all those beautiful blocks made for me, they're all wonderful. That regal creature is Neesa, who would agree with you that she's beautiful, she also has quite and attitude and great sense of entitlement...rightly so probably lol

      Delete
  6. I hope the bad weather has subsided Nanette.
    All the blocks are equally beautiful. It's going to be a beautiful quilt. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still raining heavily Nil, and is forecast to do so for the rest of the week. At least it's not windy and hailing. I'm absolutely over the moon with all my beautiful blocks, and I'm really looking forward to start putting them together. How's your quilt going?

      Delete
  7. Worldwide the weather is bizarre so often, we had rain today and 20 degrees so in no way our regular october temperatures. How exciting, now the coming together of blocks, what fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're turned on our heads, weatherwise! The blocks are amazing, and yes, fun to think about layouts, and all the rest....or just look, and find fabrics and patterns I hadn't noticed before.

      Delete

Your comments are welcome